Hertfordshire Students’ Union is an independent charity focused on making student life incredible for all students at the University of Hertfordshire. We offer a broad range of services, from special interest societies, student reps and an advice and support service to a world class entertainments venue, known as The Forum Hertfordshire. Hertfordshire Students’ Union wants all students to get involved, have fun and love their university experience.
We are the independent voice of students AT the University of Hertfordshire!
We provide opportunities of all kinds – opportunities to have fun, job opportunities, training opportunities...and more!
We offer advice and support if things go wrong.
We listen to students’ views and we work to ensure your issues are dealt with.
Every year, we ask students to give us their views on a variety of issues about life as a UH student.
We're a registered charity! This means that every penny you spend with us in our bars, shops and venues goes back into providing services for you. Thank you!
We work to make univerSIty life better
- We've secured funding for the Duke of Edinburgh scheme
- We're accredited by the Welwyn Hatfield Landlord Accreditation Scheme, aimed at securing you better living conditions
- We run Freshers' Week events, including Freshers' Fair, which saw 8,000 attendees!
- We campaign on our annual priority issue, securing change on campus, in the local community and in government
- Developed the SU contribution to the Student Charter
- We survey students to ensure that our services fit your needs, and take your views to the University on key campus issues
- Successfully applied for funding to run the Student Links Project – giving students the chance to teach local children skills and activities
- Represented students on the Estates Master Plan focus groups and ensured that the new look campuses will work around student’s needs
- Worked with media students to cover big events on campus
- Given students the opportunity to directly question the people behind UH’s Buildings & Accommodation, the LRCs, and the Vice-Chancellor
- Monitored how students spend time in the Forum so we can continue to improve the experience!
- We give free, confidential and impartial advice and help to over 1,500 students through our Advice & Support Centre
- Offered training and development to our 697 elected Student Reps
- Held the first RaG charity pitching event ever, allowing students to vote which charities RaG raises money for Reinvigorated Society Federation, making it easier for societies to share their experiences with one another