Becoming a Freshers’ Volunteer, formerly known as a Fresher's Angel, at the beginning of the year is a fun way to support new students by helping them move in, encouraging them to get involved activities as well as introducing them to the uni way of life!
You’ll need to be available for group interviews on either the 25th or 26th of May and complete some online training over summer. You will also need to be available over the move in weekend during Freshers’ week.
This is not a paid role, but a great way to gain employability skills to help you with applying for jobs after University.
You can also help out at many of our other Freshers’ events as well as others throughout the year. Just sign up as a volunteer!
This role will include:
- Helping students move in to halls
- Directing students around campus
- Talking to Freshers about the Students’ Union and what we can do for them
- Letting them know about our programme of Freshers’ events and activities and taking them to the events in the evenings
- Being a friendly face to new arrivals and ensuring they have a great start – remember to have fun!
Have you got the qualities we’re looking for?
- Able to work in a team
- Respectful – knowing the right kind of language to use in front of parents
- Flexible - not afraid to carry the odd box or reassure worried parents
If this role is something you’d like to do then please complete the form below.