"Everyone who needs it should receive first aid from those around them. No one should suffer for the lack of trained first aiders." - St John Ambulance.
I want to help run a society where you can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved, look after 'that mate' who's has had one too many, and be an expert at directing members of the public to the nearest toilet!
I have chosen to stand for the role of St John Ambulance LINKS committee Vice Chair because:
- I have been an active member of St John Ambulance (SJA) since 2008.
- I have first-hand experience of being a Cadet Unit Member, Adult Unit Member and now a University Society Member too.
- I have a good understanding of the ways that different areas in SJA work (and the ways that it doesn't).
- I am a dedicated member. Last year I did over 300 hours of voluntary work for SJA.
My aims as Vice Chair:
- Assist the Chair of the committee (obviously!).
- Help to get everyone on lots of duties/events like school fetes, garden shows, air shows, fun runs, and also some really cool one such as festival, carnivals, football matches, marathons, motorbike races and London fireworks on New Year’s Eve.
- Get some more training courses put on and maybe some 'talks of interest'.
- Throw a few more social events such as nights out, day trips out (possibly a theme park) and maybe some more icebreaker activities (I’m open to suggestions!).
- Try and get more people to join at the next fresher’s fayre: the more the merrier!