Team Ace of Herts - Where better student life starts!
Vote Matt, where success it at!
Hey everybody! I'm Matt Hammond and I am running to be your Vice President of Student Activities. I'm in my final year, studying Sports Studies which includes modules such as coaching, sports development and management. I'm extremely passionate about sports and fun activities.
You may recognise me from my current role, as one of your amazing Activators for Active Students. In addition this year, I have been the chairman of the AU Judo club, and pride myself as a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu athlete. I'm also a two time elected student rep on my course, because I have had success at standing and making a difference.
Why I am Running?
I have really come to love it here at UH, through getting involved in many activities here; I have made many great friends and memories that I'll never forget. This is why I believe that fun activities and such as sports, Active Students, societies and The Forum, are the key to making friends, engaging in fun and having the best experience at UH. I would love the opportunity to create and enhance this for everybody.
Why vote for me?
Simply ask yourself... Why on earth wouldn't you want a sports student, who has studied the important skills needed for this role to be elected?
I'm ready, I'm enthusiastic, and I have had the experience needed through my time working at Active Students, AU committee, and student representation to be able to make the university a better place for you, by providing quality student activities experience.
- More participation! Follow my lead, as I want to get as many of you involved in activities around campus as possible, the university has so far began to create a great atmosphere and I love it, this motivates me to make this stronger still.
- #ThisGirlCan! And Disability! I want to motivate more female and disabled students to be engaged in sports and physical activity around the campus, promoting a healthier and inclusive lifestyle.
- More Active Students! I've witnessed firsthand how Active Students has contributed to positive outcomes of people's health and university life. Next year is the last year of funding (Boo!), so I want to make a case that Active Students should be here to stay! But I need your support!
- Athletic Union opportunities! Every single sports club deserves the right to be recognised for their achievements. I want to raise the profile of all our sporting heroes, and unite the AU members further! #GoTeamHerts
- Raise and Give Award! I want to motivate the AU clubs and the societies to do more fundraising, so I intend to create a new AU sports award for most RAG and similar for societies.
- More than just hearing your voice! Simply just hearing your student voice is not good enough anymore... Your student voice will not only be heard, but it will also be actually considered and fed back.
Vote for Matt, where the Success is at!