I’m studying BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering, decided to stand for Student union elections as I believe I can represent the sentiments and understand the needs of the masses. I believe the quality of education is possibly the single most important factor in a student’s decision to study at University of Hertfordshire. I have a broad social circle and understanding of the social diversity that has been provided to me at the University of Hertfordshire. May main is to provide greater student support and guidance and help to improve their education experience at Hertfordshire University.
WHY I AM STANDING FOR ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL OFFICER
Being a student myself, I have experienced issues and complexities that students may face and therefore wish to put my experience to use and bring about change, that I feel, is needed to bring closer, the administration and the student. I choose to stand for the post of Engineering and Technology School Officer as I have come to understand the challenges faced by the students during their degree. I will make sure university continues to invest in new teaching facilities and equipment’s, to ensure that the quality of education in school is maintained to a high standard and student have the best learning experience which will enable them to enhance their study experience.
- More access to laboratory and equipment’s for the final year students to help them in their FYP.
- I will maintain strong links with all reps in the school and make sure that their issues are dealt with efficiently.
- Highlight and improve services that student require.
- Ensure that I will stay easily contactable and can be within reach of students.
- I will work to make sure that the academic experience in an enjoyable for students.