I am a 3rd year Psychology student and a highly active member of our Students’ Union; from promotion, to societies, to student representation and volunteering, I have a huge range of experience in improving student life. I even shaved off all of my hair for an external charity! I am very outgoing and love meeting new people.
Why You Should Vote for Me
As Psychology SSRO, I have worked with staff and represented all students on the course with the goal of improving student experience. I have a keen understanding of the structures and organizations dedicated to representing and acting upon the interests of the student body. I can connect with people on all levels, and have had a lot of experience with the advice and welfare services. Therefore I know how students feel when using these resources, and what can be achieved through them.
What I Aim to Change:
Making Welfare Services more Accessible by…
- Increasing counselling hours – particularly during Fresher’s week and exam periods.
- More group counselling sessions e.g. exam stress, increasing students support network.
More Support for Returning Students.
- Reintegrating students back into campus life socially and academically; updates of campus developments and refresher of campus services.
Greater Interaction between Welfare and Student Led Activities.
- Collaborating with volunteering and sports teams to encourage relationships between the Students' Unions interest groups.
Collaborating with Minority Groups for Equal and Diverse Opportunities.
- Engaging with minority groups and providing a forum from which to discuss their perspectives, as well as campaigning for issues that are important
to those groups. Includes international and disabled students.