"Every leader begins with one vote and that's where i'm going'
Opportunities don’t happen, we create them.
Who am I?
I am Sanchit Jain, a current Masters student in International Business. I am running for the Vice President Community role, seeking to improve student well being and their lives by working closely with student societies to ensure that students are able to access the support and guidance that they need. Coming from the business background, I have worked in groups of different culture for the welfare of the organization. It helped me attaining leadership skills, decision-making and time management. Moreover, I am the founder of “Transceptance”, a community that works for the acceptance of transgender in our society, I am an active member of Terapanth Yuvak Parisad (TYP), a society that focuses on youth and spreads awareness about the Jain religion in my home country. I also am the member of “Fusion”, a charitable trust that welfares to public by organizing blood donation camps and several cultural events. I want to use my existing knowledge and experience to improve student well being and welfare, by working with student societies and organizing various events during my tenure. I would ensure that the students get the best of uni experience that makes there time in university worthwhile, academically and socially.
What I want to achieve?
- I want to ensure that students who are going through stress or anxiety, should get proper attention from the student well-being center, the services will be provided 24/7 and make them engage with different societies and conducting workshops. I would introduce student well-being centre in de havilland campus.
- Making the existing students societies more active and with them I will be oraginisng regular and collaborative events.There will be opportunities for students to participate in daytime activities as well as enjoying the nightlife. I would like the existing societies to broaden their horizon by bringing students from different ethnicities. This would help students to broaden their network and interact with more people from different countries and know there culture.
- I would introduce vegan food with variety and more options for vegetarians.
- Do you find it difficult to adjust in a new environment? I would introduce workshops for international students who face cultural shock.
- I would introduce weekly events with the socities in de havilland campus to make sure that students get most from both the campus.
- Do you have Complaints/Suggestions? Let's make it simple by installing Complaints/Suggestions in every accommodation's common room, and we'll get to you within 2 working days.
- Installation of street lights especially at Todd building bus stop towards galleria and other places and fixing the existing lights.
Why vote for me?
In conclusion, I aim to improve and give best of university life by new thinking and broad cultural assimilation. I intent to improve student life on and off campus. Make a right choice and vote for me as your Vice President Community.