Making Activities accessible to all Vote David VP of Activities
- AU fees can be a massive obstacle for anyone wanting to participate in university sports. I propose giving students the ability to pay for membership in instalments.
- I would look to host more events that would be available for all students to attend. For example, have events during the day for those who commute, as they make up around 40% of the student population.
- Get sports teams and societies involved in open days. Increasing awareness of the university’s sports teams and societies to prospective students by giving them the option to market themselves at open days, which will allow teams to have an indication of numbers before the season starts.
- Increase volunteering around the university by providing more incentives and rewards for students participating in volunteering events.
- Increase the spaces and rooms available for societies to use.
- Negotiate the Ele house prices and look to introduce new deals. I hope to make the Ele house more affordable to students therefore increasing its appeal as a great place to socialise on campus.
- Increase the number of sport themed nights out including more deals for sports students e.g. cheaper tickets/drink deals.
- Increase the length of taster sessions at both the start of the academic year and start of semester B to allow students more time to decide which sports/societies they would like to join.
Here's a bit of infomation about me so you know who your voteing for
Hello, my name is David Waters and I am a 4th year student currently doing a masters in Automotive Engineering. I am currently the Chairman of the Uni Hockey club, last year I was the men’s social secretary. I have played for the hockey club for 3 years, during which time I have been on 2 university sports tours at Salou and Croatia. Whilst at Uni I have enjoyed attending Uni social events both as a volunteer and a participant. Plus, you can always find me at Cheeky Wednesday in the forum, where I have seen some great performances. I’m a passionate sports fan and have played football, rugby, hockey and cricket at club level (If I listed every sport I’ve played you’d get bored reading this). When I’m not playing sport or working, I like to spend my downtime with my friends just hanging out at the Ele House or Club De Hav.
VOTE DAVID FOR VP OF ACTIVITIES