VOICE THE CHANGE
VOTE CYNTHIA YOUR #1 PRESIDENT
I am Cynthia Ekezie, Currently doing my masters in International Business and also a Course Rep. I was formerly the Vice-President for Democracy and Services at Hertfordshire Student Union. I graduated from this University last two years with a Bachelor’s degree in Law. I have been involved with the Student Union for the past three years, first as the President of the Nigerian student society and formerly your elected Vice President Democracy and services. I have acquired many skills and experiences in my Current Degree and also the former role as Vice President and I feel there is still a whole lot to be achieved, which makes me the most credible candidate for the presidency.
Why Vote for me
Being one of the Vice Presidents and directors of the student union, I have gained more knowledge and I am with no doubt, the perfect president you need for your voice to be heard across the University of Hertfordshire. During my term as Vice President I have worked with the IT and computing team to develop the live inter-campus timetable on the Herts Mobile bus, I have also worked with the Marketing and Engagement team to promote the 2017 elections, I also organised some diverse events for black history month in October 2016 and I worked towards lobbying prescription dispensing on-campus pharmacy. I want to become your president to enable the continual use of my knowledge and skills to improve student life at our university.
Why I am running for president
As Student President, it will be my aim to ensure that all students' voices are heard. My motivation is simple; I believe in this university and through the collective work of the executive committee, staff and the students, we can continue with the great progress that the union is making. Furthermore, I want to be remembered as a student president who pursued the wishes of the students and accomplished many great things. I will be willing to do anything within my power to achieve this, as the students are my main concern.
Improving Students’ Engagement with the Student Union
I am running on a promise of getting in front of students and listening to you. I'll continue to seek new platforms to gather your views. I'll make the elected officers even more accessible than they currently are and that you know who to come to and when and also making sure things are done.
- Encourage Integration between Home students and International students by organising more diverse events.
- Organising more events and forums for Commuting students, mature students, and Postgraduate students to enhance their University Experience.
A Representing, Engaging and Equal Union
I would work to represent all UH students both locally and nationally and at all required forums.Strengthen Communication between all parties involved; student Reps, SSRO’s, school officers and full-time officers.
- Increase officer’s presence on both Campuses.
- I will work together with the VP’s in ensuring that we deliver, which is requested of us.
- I will ensure that the SU remains a student-led, student-driven and transparent organization.
Better UH Wi-Fi
- I will work with the IT and Computing team to make sure the Wi-Fi around the university and on campus are faster
- I will make sure all students have easy Access to Eduroam Wi-Fi around the school and on campus.
Improve Quality and Increase Value for money on Both on Campus and Off-Campus Accommodation
- Making sure off-campus agents and Landlords are more reliable.
- Lobby the university to be a participating member of the Your Guarantor Scheme enabling them to act as UK rent guarantors for their students at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Encouraging more landlords to sign up to the PAL Accreditation scheme.
- Improve Quality of the on-campus common rooms
I Cynthia Ekezie will do everything in my power to ensure that this university moves forward, so guys vote for Cynthia because a vote for Cynthia is a vote for progress. A vote for Cynthia is a vote for development, AND A VOTE FOR CYNTHIA IS DEFINITELY THE RIGHT VOTE.