VOTE LENTY FOR ACTIVITIES
My name is Lenty Babale and I am in my final year studying mass communication. I am running for the position of Vice President Activities because I want the opportunity to improve the experience of every student in the university.
In my four years at the University my experience and passions have put me in a position where I feel I have a lot to bring to the role of Vice President Activities.
I have participated in a range of roles, such as being an event coordinator for my student lead society and also a Team Leader for fresher’s angels which has contributed to my skills extensively. These roles have provided an insight into how the Student Union works and how assistance can be improved towards every student, society, sports teams and student wellbeing.
If elected, I aim to:
- I would Improve existing and create fun new activities on both campuses
- Encourage society fundraising and awareness.
- Encourage student volunteering.
- Ensure better funding for societies and sport teams towards events.
- I will work closely with trident media and aim towards students involvement on the student newspaper and radio.
- I would work to Promote RAG, student achievements and upcoming events
- I would work to promote wellbeing and counselling services: I want to make sure that all students is aware of the services provided and know they are not alone.
- I would also encourage student participation in Student Union activities on both campuses with emphasis on Dehavilland.
- I would work to Promote and support the development of new societies.
- Making sure I listen to student ideas and queries: make sure I am always available to students and providing better support and solutions.
If you vote for me, I will make sure it is a year of fun activities all year round, make change, engage students and make sure no student is left out.