Your basket is empty.
Breast awareness and a diagnosis of cancer during the perinatal period.
Wednesday 05 February 2020, 2pm - 6pm
College lane campus, D450
This event is strictly over 18s only.
*UH Students Only, Must have valid UH ID for entry
Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and no refunds will be issued for incorrectly purchased tickets. ” Click here for full Terms & Conditions.
Join us in hosting Coppafeel and Mummys Star for an informative afternoon regarding breast awareness and a diagnosis of cancer during the perinatal period.
The study event will provide:
- An overview of the importance of breast awareness,
- An overview of the role of the midwife in health promotion and education,
- Identifying signs and symptoms of breast cancer, including a personal account,
- An overview of cancer and pregnancy,
- Explore the challenges placed upon families,
- The key role that midwives play within this scenario in terms of continuity of care,
- The work that the charity does to support both the families and health professionals,
- A number of different case studies of women Mummy's Star have supported, including different cancers/stages of pregnancy diagnosed
- Fear of birth and
- Father’s mental health.
As you can see the schedule is jam packed and the afternoon is sure to be informative and a great learning opportunity.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the afternoon, with a pizza order placed in time for the break.
Secure your place on this study day today, tickets are only £5 for members including pizza and refreshments will be available throughout the afternoon. You will also receive a certificate and the day will count towards your PD/EV hours.