Children's Support Worker (2 positions)
Listed by MBP Carers
Apply by email to email@example.com
Wage negotiable dependent on skills/experience.
2 posts available, so days negotiable. But must be available for some evenings, weekends and days in the school holidays. Would not be suitable for students that are out of area during all the school holidays.
We are a welcoming family who offer great skills and training. We are looking for 2-part time female support workers for our funny, bright & sensitive 12-year-old daughter. She has physical disabilities but has neuro typical cognitive and social /emotional abilities. She needs help accessing all areas of life due to her physical disabilities and is a great communicator. We are looking for a positive, confident, patient person to support in all areas of her physical, social, emotional, learning & personal care needs. The right applicant will be happy to work alongside the other family members using different skills & being able to enjoy supporting & stimulating a child with complex needs. This is a great opportunity for the right person to work closely with an inspirational young person with a complex disability by supporting learning, development and independence all year round.
There are two part time posts available covering one to start this summer. Both posts require the candidate to be able to work after school, at weekends and in the school holidays. The Posts would suit people who want a stable role (not short-term) and are for female workers only. You must be available to demonstrate maturity in your outlook and be reliable. We ask that you appreciate that children do not like change and instability and ask that you can make a commitment of a one year contract with the family. If you wish to continue after the first year, this will also be possible.
• Being a DRIVER is essential with full license
• Willing to drive the disability adapted car with the child.
• Excellent communication skills and willingness to learn how to communicate with a non-verbal child and be trained to use and eye gaze computer to enable speech
• Suitable level of fitness to manage the physical needs of working with a young person with physical disabilities. (E.g. pushing a wheelchair)
• Support personal care, social, physical, learning & emotional needs of the young person.
• Work collaboratively & alongside the whole family and as part of a team.
• Great attitude, self-motivation & great communication skills.
• Experience of SEN & physical disabilities preferable but not necessary if
• Reliable and turn up to work on time
• Available to stay for 1 year with preference to work longer-term.