Do you want to be part of and shape a programme that helps make other students and staff’s time at the University unforgettable?
You do not need to be sporty to apply for this role - we are looking for students who are welcoming and can be friendly faces at our sessions!!
Working for Active Stud
ents and Active Staff offers many great opportunities to gain real and exciting work experience. Activators can earn up to £90 per week for 10 hours work which will be spread across daytime, evening and weekends. Due to the nature of the programme the work load will vary each week.
What kind of people are we looking for?
• Friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming students
• Students who believe in and have a passion for promoting the benefits of physical activity. Active Students / Active Staff is so much more than getting active, it’s about giving something a go for the first time, meeting new people and looking after your wellbeing during your time at University
• Reliable, committed and organised students
• Good communicators.
What are some of the duties involved in being an Activator?
• To welcome, interact and enthuse other students to get involved in activities which will enhance their student experience
• Promote Active Students sessions and events to the least sporty students using appropriate methods such as face to face interaction and social media
• Welcome participants to sessions, make them feel at ease and do your best to ensure they have a great experience and want to come again
• Ensure sessions are safe, fun and have a welcoming environment for all
• Administer first aid when required (training will be provided)
• Scan student ID cards at each session using our HSV Hub app
• Attend early morning team meetings
• Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required.
This role is only open to students who will be studying at the University of Hertfordshire during the 2019 /2020 academic year
As part of the recruitment process all candidates applying for the roles must be available for Monday 20 May – Friday 24 May 2019, 09:00 – 17:00 at Herts Sports Village de Havilland Campus to complete the following qualifications which are mandatory for the Activator role:
• CSLA Level 2 (Community Sports Leader Award)
• First Aid and Safeguarding and Protecting Adults (completed in September 2019)
Applicants should email a covering letter and CV titling the email ‘Active Students Activator application’ to Alice Horton, firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on Wednesday 1st May 2019.