Do you want to gain hands on experience in a Sports Development setting?
Do you want to be involved in delivering an excellent sporting student experience at the University of Hertfordshire?
Working with the Athletic Union offers many great opportunities to the right candidates to gain some real and exciting work experience in sports development, marketing, events and customer service. Working hours will be ad hoc and spread across daytime, evening and weekends.
Applicants should have some previous experience of working or volunteering in the sports, marketing or events sectors and have the relevant skills to welcome, interact, enthuse other students to get involved in activities which will enhance their student experience. Coaching qualifications are desirable but not essential.
What kind of people are we looking for?
• Friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and welcoming students
• Students who have a passion for and a knowledge of student sport
• Reliable, committed and organised students
• Good communicators.
What are some of the duties involved in being an Activator?
• Assist with organising Athletic Union fixtures including producing confirmation packs,
organising playing kit and being a match day contact
• Assist with planning and co-ordinating key Athletic Union events including Sports Fair,
Team Photos, Varsity and Sports Awards
• Attend UH Open Days to promote the Athletic Union programme
• Assist with maintaining and enhancing the Athletic Union social networking accounts
(Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
• Administer first aid when required (training will be provided)
• Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required.
For further information please visit https://www.hertssportsvillage.co.uk/jobs
This role is only open to students who will be studying at the University of Hertfordshire during the 2019 /2020 academic year