Do you have a passion for growing football and inspiring others to participate?
Do you want to play a part in helping the University Community find their fit within our HertSquad programme?
Working as a Football Activator offers many great opportunities to gain real and exciting work experience. Football Activators can earn up to £90 per week for 10 hours paid work which will be spread across daytime, evening and weekends. Due to the nature of the programme the work load will vary each week.
What kind of people are we looking for?
• Friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming students
• Students who have a passion for and a knowledge of football
• Reliable, committed and organised students
• Good communicators.
What are some of the duties involved in being a Football Activator?
• Introduce students and staff to the different forms of the game, support others to continue
playing and encourage keen footballers to play more football both at university and within the local community
• To welcome, interact with and enthuse students and staff to get involved in football
enhancing their student/staff experience
• Promote all levels of football campus wide to encourage more students to get involved via
methods such as face to face marketing, leaflet dropping and social media
• Attend key events such as Sports Fair, Freshers Fair and Refreshers Fair to promote all
football opportunities and signpost students to the appropriate level of football
• Assist with organising fixtures, regularly updating results and league tables and
• Coordinate regular weekly turn up and play sessions, leagues and semesterly
tournaments. This includes acting as a first point of contact for players and referees
• Monitor and report to the HertSquad team the number of students/staff involved in the
• Scan student/staff I.D. cards at each session/event via our HSV Hub app
• Ensure all sessions are safe, fun and have a welcoming environment for all
• Administer first aid when required (training will be provided)
• Attend early morning team meetings
• Identify other opportunities to expand student or staff football participation
• Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required.
This role is only open to students who will be studying at the University of Hertfordshire during the 2019 /2020 academic year
As part of the recruitment process all applicants applying for the role must be available for Monday 20 May - Friday 24 May 2019, 09:00 - 17:00 at Hertfordshire Sports Village, de Havilland Campus to complete the following qualifications which are mandatory for the Football Activator role:
• CSLA Level 2 (Community Sports Leader Award)
• First Aid, Safeguarding and Protecting Children
Applicants should email a covering letter and CV titling the email ‘Football Activator application’ to Lynne Pestle-Bass at email@example.com by 23:59 on Wednesday 1 May 2019.