We’re looking for customer focused and enthusiastic Casual Workers, who have a passion to serve with a Welcome, Engage, Smile and Thank you ethos to join the Aramark team on a zero-hour/ ad-hoc basis.
You will be based at the University of Hertfordshire across both campuses, where you will serve customers and assist with the general running of Aramark retail outlets; operating on the front line of student and staff experiences that enrich and nourish lives!
You will have the opportunity to work across multiple outlets, including but not limited to: Cafes; Starbucks; Subway; Shops; Restaurants. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for flexible working hours that can fit around your lifestyle!
Previous experience within any of the following environments (Retail; Shops; Bars; Cafes; Restaurants OR Food Services) with a highly flexible approach to working hours is essential.
To apply please send your CV and Cover letter to HR Advisor Shona Pope firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note: Applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered).
Activities and Responsibilities
Casual Worker’s required to operate across all Retail Outlets at the University of Hertfordshire.
The main purpose of the job is to serve customers and generally assist in the running of Aramark retail outlets. The focus of each job may vary depending on the outlet; however, it is expected that activities will typically include the following:
- Operating across all retail outlets including but not limited to Cafes; Starbucks; Subway; Shops; Elehouse Bar; Restaurants.
- Serve customers in a polite and friendly manner, showing high standards of customer care at all times.
- Operate tills, taking cash and giving change in line with procedures set.
- Handle cash, stocks and equipment in a secure manner.
- Ensure that adequate stocks are maintained, moving stock and filling displays as necessary.
- To keep counters, storeroom and public areas clean and tidy before, during and after opening hours, and to undertake general cleaning duties as directed.
- Assist in the movement of equipment and furniture.
- Be flexible in approach to work and undertake other duties to meet business requirements.
- Maintain an awareness of operating rules and procedures and observe them at all times.
- Report to the line manager any feedback, complaints, suggestions, stock needs, breakages, faults or hazards identified during the course of the work.
- Follow food hygiene and safety procedures in line with health and safety requirements, undertaking any relevant training as required.
- Works well under supervision and follows instructions
- Self motivated
- Adaptable / flexible
- Customer focused
- Cooperative and supportive of others
- Behaviours / Attitudes
- Positive attitude
- Follow instructions
- Coordination skills
- Speed and diligence
- Willingness to learn
- Quality focused
- Commitment & excellent attendance
- Basic numeracy; ability to calculate and check change, basic addition and subtraction
- Direct Reports / Span of Control