Smart Price Hunter is an innovative London based software company that has built a Marketplace dedicated to the construction industry, SmartPriceHunter.com. With a carefully designed search algorithm that understands the terminology of the industry and language of the builders, SPH sets itself aside from its competitors for its ease of use for those in the trade. The first of its kind to incorporate in its industry, SPH is revolutionizing the somewhat old-fashioned process when it comes to purchasing materials into the age of e-commerce. The ever-expanding Marketplace is the ‘go to shop’ for the industry and home DIY retail. With plans for expansion into Europe, SPH is looking for a great, innovative, passionate team to bring the plans to fruition.
We have a one-year work placement opportunity within the company to develop and enhance the current site in addition to the development of the Mobile App. You will have the opportunity to apply your full design skill set, from developing the existing site, to creating wireframes for the app, UX / UI design and developing this into beta and the launch of SmartPriceHunter App on a hybrid system. The role offers many incentives including possible full time position offer.
Your day to day responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Implementing changes and improvements on the desktop site
• Offering support for product CSV uploads into the database and troubleshooting any possible errors
• Maintain the website databases, software and servers ensuring all security and software updates are completed
• Monitor potential cyber security threats and eliminate them before they become an issue
• Develop the Mobile App across multi platforms such as iOS and Android
• Collaborate with the advertising department, implementing changes or uploads to the site during promotional offers.
• Liaise with graphic designers for image files, and graphics required for the site
• Collaborating with the rest of the team to ensure the Company is meeting its targets and goals
• Monitoring of the Company’s Google Analytics, analyse reports and implement changes as required.
• Upload new products to the Company’s Google Shopping SSH
• Manage stripe payment integration for new seller accounts
• Knowledge of fundamental computer science principles
• Ability to maintain Linux servers through SSH command line access
• Adherence of standard practice when performing actions in production systems
• Willingness to fill gaps in knowledge and ability
• Experience with mobile app development principles and relevant programming languages
• Ability to experiment with emerging technology enabling streamlined cross platform development
• Communication skills to provide regular updates to non-technical staff and on demand technical support
• Awareness of current technological advances in both the use and development of software