Your exams do not have to be as stressful as you think they might be. Having a plan and a strategy in place will help you cope effectively. This guide will run you through a variety of hints and tips that will help you throughout exam-time.
Before you start…
First of all, it is important to figure out what will be expected of you in the exams. Get into the mindset of the examiner and understand what they want from you and you’ll know where to head and how to approach each exam question.
• Have you looked at past exam papers?
• Have you fully understood the assessment criteria for your course and the module’s aims?
Make sure that you talk to your assigned tutor if you are unsure about anything; helpful information about your exams may also be posted on Studynet, so it is worth having a look.
When you are ready to revise, think about:
• Your strengths and what opportunities these might give you.
• How will you deal with your weaknesses?
• How will you get the best result for each individual module and type of exam?
Most importantly; be realistic about what you can achieve with the time you have, allocate your time wisely and ensure that you achieve a sensible work-rest balance.