After over two fantastic years of hosting the Contraception and Sexual Health (CaSH) Clinic on campus, the CaSH Clinic service is ending. The last on-campus clinic date will be on Monday 9th December 2019.
The CaSH Clinic closure is due to the Sexual Health Hertfordshire services moving from a ‘hub and spoke’ model to 3 specialist Centres of Excellence (based in Watford, Stevenage and Hatfield). For full details about the reasons and timelines for these changes, read more here from Hertfordshire County Council.
The following sexual health services will continue to be available from the Students' Union Advice & Support Centre:
- Free condoms and chlamydia self-testing kits will always be available from the Advice Centre waiting area (please help yourselves).
- Free pregnancy testing kits are available upon request from a member of the SU Advice team.
Other sexual health services are also available locally:
- Access online STI testing services
- Visit your GP for information about long acting reversible contraception (such as the implant or coil)
- Visit GP/Practice Nurse for core contraceptive services – the pill, barrier & injectable method
- Visit your local pharmacy for emergency hormonal contraceptive (free for under 25s)
- Visit www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/sexualhealth for sexual health information in Hertfordshire.
For free, friendly and confidential advice about sexual health matters you can also call Sexual Health Hertfordshire on 0300 008 5522; lines are open 09:00-20:00 (Monday to Friday) and 09:00-13:00 (Saturday).
We would like to give the whole CaSH team the biggest thanks for providing such an excellent service on campus for the last couple of years; the team and service will be missed, however we look forward to the new Centre of Excellence opening in Hatfield town centre in 2020.