Herts wishes is BACK again this year to grant 12 lucky students their wishes during the Christmas period!
Starting on the 1st December to the 12th December, our elves will be granting a wish every day for 12 days. It could be that Xbox game you’ve always wanted or a Christmas present for someone else – whatever it is, the elves may help this Christmas!
Want to be in with a chance of winning? Simply comment your wish on the daily Herts wishes post on our Facebook and Twitter profiles then our Christmas elves will be randomly choosing a wish to come true!
Wish requested close at 5pm and the winner will be announced every evening – so keep a lookout to see if it is you!
The Christmas elves have some rules that students need to follow …
- You cannot wish for more wishes
- The elf will grant wishes to good boys and girls only
- Only ONE wish a day can be granted
- The elf cannot perform magic
- The elf cannot take you to the future
- The elf is not cupid
- The elf cannot meddle with the University (he has access to Santa but not the VC)
- You can ask for one wish every day but you can't win twice during the 12 Days of Christmas Wishes
- Wishes can be big or small but the Elf really can't afford a brand new Porsche for you - wishes must not exceed £80.
Legal terms: Competition terms and conditions
1. Hertfordshire Students Union registered office is at Hertfordshire Students' Union, College Lane Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9AB
2. Permanent employees of Hertfordshire Students’ Union and The Forum Hertfordshire or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition unless otherwise stated.
3. All competition entrants must be a student of the University of Hertfordshire and aged 18+, unless otherwise stated.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are on the relevant posts
6. Closing date for entry will be as stated on the competition post. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Further information can be found by messaging the Twitter page at twitter.com/hertssu or email@example.com.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
12. Winners will be chosen at random and notified on Facebook within 4 days of the competition closing.
13. We will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected, if collection is needed.
14. The winner will have to claim their prize within 3 days of being notified of their prize, or will therefore forfeit their prize.
15. Hertfordshire Students’ Union decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Hertfordshire Students’ Union and not to any other party.
21. Wishes can be made up to the value of £80.