As many of you already know, The 10thof October marked World Mental Health Day, which is a great opportunity to read about the experience of others, and share your own with the wider community. Here at the Students Union, we care about your mental wellbeing, and believe an important aspect of your university experience is using the services available to help you get through anything.
We offer a variety of services that can help you with your welfare. Specifically our advice and Support Centre are on hand to help you with any problem, no matter how big, or small. Here’s how to reach them:
- Pop into the Advice & Support Centre in the Students’ Union, located n Hutton Hub, College Lane. They’re open from 10 – 4, Monday to Friday and are always happy to talk and help you figure out your next steps.
- Email them at email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
- Call them on 01707 285022. Our lovely advisors are always on the end of the phone to help you out, and offer some friendly words of advice.
The Advice & Support Centre also offers a Buddy Scheme. If you’re a first year student, and you want some 1-to-1 support to help you settle in, head over to our website and apply for a buddy! Your buddy will be a continuing student at the university, and will help you with settling in.
If you feel like you need additional support outside of the SU, or wish to talk to someone after we have closed, we recommend the below charities:
- Samaritans – call on 116 123 for immediate support and advice.
- Visit bit.ly/mindcharityorg for information on all different kinds of mental health conditions, and where to go for support.