Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Hertfordshire Students’ Union website.
1. This website, www.hertfordshire.su (the 'Website') is provided by the Hertfordshire Students’ Union. The use of the Website is governed by these Terms and Conditions and such other documents referred to herein. By using the Website you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Website."We", "Our" or "Us" means Hertfordshire Students’ Union and the terms "You" or "your" means the person accessing or using the Website.
2. University of Hertfordshire Students’ Union reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any substantial changes will be notified by posting a prominent notice on the Website.
3. This Website and any information or other material contained in it are made available to you strictly on the basis that you accept it on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. As such, Hertfordshire Students’ Union make no warranties, representations or undertakings in relation to:
a. any of the content of the Website (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
b. any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through the Website.
4. You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet. We make no guarantees that the Website is free from computer viruses. It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading the Website or its contents.
5. Links to third party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by Hertfordshire Students’ Union of such websites in any way.
6. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this Website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this Website or of any other Website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of this Website or any material or content accessed through it.
7. For the avoidance of doubt we own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this website and all technical infrastructure relating to it. This Website is protected by Copyright and the Copyright, Trademarks, logos and Intellectual Property rights for the content of this Website are the property of University of Hertfordshire Students’ Union. Any use, printing or copying of materials on this Website, other than in the course of browsing, is strictly prohibited. Any framing of this Website is prohibited. You may view or download any part of the Site for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our express permission, to:
a. store the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
b. print copies of the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
c. reproduce, copy or transmit the Website, or any part of the Website, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
9. You agree that the Website is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree that no materials of any kind submitted by You, will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
10. Hertfordshire Students’ Union does not monitor individual submissions posted onto the Website by Users, but will respond as quickly as possible to any complaints received from Users who object to the nature of such content. Where such complaints are found to be justified, Hertfordshire Students’ Union reserves the right to use, disclose or remove any information or materials without notice or compensation. If you wish to complain about any content appearing on the Website please email: email@example.com.
11. The materials posted by Users do not necessarily reflect the views of Hertfordshire Students’ Union. Hertfordshire Students’ Union expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this Website.
12. By posting materials to the Website, you authorise University of Hertfordshire Students’ Union to use and/or authorise others to use any such materials in any manner or medium. You may not advertise or solicit on the Website without the University of Hertfordshire Students’ Union’s express permission.
14. Any competitions or contests that Hertfordshire Students' Union may conduct will not be available to employees of Hertfordshire Students' Union or The University of Hertfordshire.
Online Shopping Policies
1) Tickets Policy
Ticket(s) Redemption:Your event ticket purchases for the Forum Hertfordshire will be added to your account and are available to be redeem via your UH Student ID card on entrance to our venues. Should your UH Student ID card be lost or stolen, please contact us for further advice (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 285000)
* All tickets are non-refundable, non transferable and non-exchangeable *
* No refunds will be issued for incorrectly purchased tickets *
Hertfordshire Students’ Union reserve the right to alter the line-up to any of the Forum Hertfordshire’s advertised events without any prior notice. An alteration to the event line-up does not constitute a cancellation and would not entitle you to a refund under these circumstances.
Tickets are ONLY refundable unless an event is cancelled. In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled, ticket refunds will be issued automatically to the account of which you purchased your tickets. Please note this can take up to 14 working days. For ticket(s) purchased at the SU receptions or Union Shop, please visit an SU reception on de Havilland or College Lane.
Should you have any enquiries regarding your ticket purchase please contact:
2) Memberships of Sports, Societies & Networks
You can cancel your membership of a Sports Club, Society or Network within 20 working days (term time) of joining, and you will receive a full refund. This does not apply if you have already been selected by the club to represent Hertfordshire Students’ Union in a competition, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Your membership of the Union's Sports, Societies and Networks is conditional on your proper conduct and therefore can be withdrawn if you breach our values, policies or codes of practice. Please read the Activities Codes of Practice.
Marketplace - Terms and Conditions
Using the Marketplace functionality is the same as using the classified ads in the newspaper. If you are selling an item it is your responsibility to ensure that the item is accurately described in your post. If you are purchasing it is your responsibility to check that goods are in the condition you expected before accepting them and paying for them. Should you have concerns about a product you have purchased, then you should contact the seller direct to resolve any issues. Hertfordshire Students’ Union are unable to get involved in anys disputes.
Should you have a problem with a seller or buyer then please do report it to email@example.com . Hertfordshire Students’ Union will not be held responsible if you buy, sell, or trade an item that is defective, soiled, broken, damaged, illegal, or otherwise not as described. Any and all transactions are between buyer & seller only. Hertfordshire Students’ Union do not hold responsibility over transactions that take place and will not play any part in managing this process.
1. Posting Rules
- The sale of animals, alcohol, drugs, counterfeit goods, weapons are strictly forbidden.
- This UH student Marketplace only. Any post from commercial sellers, traders or landlords will be removed.
- Seller is responsible for removing or marking as sold any items that is no longer on sale
By using our Marketplace classified section of this website you agree that you will not:
- violate any laws;
- violate the Posting Rules;
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- post or otherwise communicate any false or misleading material or message of any kind;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute spam, chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Hertfordshire Students’ Union or the interests or property of our website users;
- impose or contribute to imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of our website www.hertfordshire.su
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access Gumtree and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the www.hertfordshire.su site, services, applications or tools.
- sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties.
2, Marketplace Abuse
A Hertfordshire Students’ Union staff administrate the Marketplace functionally on the www.hertfordshire.su website. They ensure tools work correctly and the community is safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches firstname.lastname@example.org
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to resist user of Marketplace functionally as well as our website as a whole, should we believe they a infringing the rights of third parties or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies (including, without limitation, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or harassing Hertfordshire Students’ Union Staff or other users). However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off our Marketplace functionality or not, we do not have any obligation to monitor the information transmitted or stored on our sites, and we do not accept any liability for unauthorised or unlawful content on www.hertfordshire.su/marketplace.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
We do not review users' postings and are not involved in the actual transactions between users. As most of the content on with in the Marketplace section of the website comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what's offered.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the operation and availability of our sites, services, applications or tools.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use of our Marketplace functionality, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
5. Third party rights
A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this User Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this Agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.