Hertfordshire Students' Union is officially a Licensed Organisation, providing all Hertfordshire University students the opportunity to complete their Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Recognised and supported by over 60 national and international businesses, including Lloyds Bank, McDonalds and ITV, the award scheme is designed as a self-development course for people between the ages of 16-25 to do and encounter new experiences.
The DofE is all about going the extra mile – gaining new skills, pushing yourself physically, helping others and exploring new territories. At the same time, you’ll gather friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.
It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from, you can choose the activities that motivate you and go on your own personal journey. We know from other participants that the DofE helps you stand out from the crowd when you apply to graduate employers. Ready to find out what the DofE could do for you?
What do I need to do to complete me Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award?
Gold Award timescales:
- Volunteering section: 12 months
- Physical and Skills sections: One section for 12 months and the other section for 6 months
- Expedition section: 4 days/3 nights
- Residential section: Undertake a shared activity in a residential setting away from home for 5 days and 4 nights.
- If you didn’t do Silver, you must undertake a further 6 months in either the Volunteering or the longer of the Physical or Skills sections.
Are you interested in taking part in an internationally recognised award scheme?
Do you want to strengthen your CV in a fun and creative way?
Do you want to test yourself?
Do you want to improve your confidence?
Do you want to make new friends?
If so, then come in and speak to your Students' Union or email firstname.lastname@example.org then join here.