Who are we?
Enactus is a worldwide programme run by university students who strive to make this world a better place through entrepreneurial action. We work with the underpriviledged within our local communites and empower them through our projects in an economically, enviornmentally and socially sustainable way.
At Enactus, we believe that if students work together and unleash their full potential, they can certainly change the world. That's why we go with the motto 'if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day but if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime'. Our volunteer programmes and projects revolve around students transforming the lives of others by transfering their skills and knowledge to help others, all of which contribute to changing their lives in the longer run.
For more information on what Enactus is, watch the video below:
What do we do?
At Enactus, we run various projects that are making a difference in the lives of others every single day. These projects are designed and managed by students just like you from the University of Hertfordshire and are changing the lives of people from Hatfield to beyond. Some of our projects include:
Glasscycle: A project that upcycles used alcohol bottles from the university campus and converts them into candles, drinking glasses and vases. The project employs homeless people to run its day to day operation, thus allowing these individually not only a source of employment but a work experience to add on their CV as well.
Helping Hands: Helping domestically abused victims in Kenya become more financially independent through creating and selling traditional African jewlery in the UK.
Project Aloud!: A programme which helps young individuals suffering from self-esteem issues to become more confident through the power of radio.
Modushelter: Designing a safe and portable shelter made with plastic bottles for refugees in Calais.
Comets Consultancy: Working alongside various charities and small businesses by providing them consultancy services on how they could become more enterprising in their actions.
Motiv-8: Assisting students in primary and secondary schools suffering from social anxiety to become more confident through a mentoring scheme.
....and there are many more. Plus, the best part about Enactus is that you can start up your own volunteer project or social enterprise as well! Our dedicated team of experts will provide you guidance on how to go about with it and soon you'll be on the road to success.
Why you should join us?
- You'll be part of an award winning society that has been recognised not only within Hertfordshire but on a National level as well.
- You will have the opportunity to socialise with a very diverse group of students belonging to various nationalities and educational background and will be making friends for life who share the same values and interests as yours.
- You will be part of a worldwide community of 70,000+ students who actively support each other and are emerging as leaders within their professions everyday.
- You will have the chance to make a difference in someone's life, no matter how big or small it may be.
- By joining Enactus, you will develop various skills employers today seek for in students. Moreover, Enactus is a globally recognised work experience and would certainly make your CV stand out amongst the millions of other graduates.
- We've got some of the best socials and activities at Enactus
- You will always have a family or a group of friends who will be there for you no matter what.
Enactus Hertfordshire welcomes you with open arms to join the society! If you'd like to chat a little bit more about us, send us an email or contact us via facebook or twitter. We love messages from you and are always looking forward to speaking with new people!
Please email email@example.com to find out how you can get involved.