A world-class entertainments venue and your on-campus bar & nightclub.
The Forum Hertfordshire is located on College Lane and brings a real buzz to campus week in, week out. Having recently undergone a huge redevelopment, we're excited to open the doors to your new and improved student venue this September. Accessed by a brand new entrance to the building, the first floor offers an informal bar, Seventy7, where students can sit back and catch up with their friends. The second floor is home to our brand new nightclub, The Loft. Each venue will offer a capacity of 530. There will be occasions where the whole space will combine to form a larger venue for bigger events! Your student venue gives you the chance to socialise with friends and let your hair down in a safe space
Please ensure you are familiar with our policies before purchasing a ticket or attending one of our events.
- BIG Wednesdays are the biggest student night here at Herts, bringing you a different theme every week and a range of music across the venue. Come along for the best deals, guest DJs, and loads of giveaways. The perfect spot for sports clubs to celebrate their Wednesday wins!
- Brand new this year, Friday Lights brings the venue alive with your favourite Urban, Grime, Hip Hop & Dancehall tracks. Bringing you the hottest DJs week in week out, it's not to be missed.
- In addition to the weekly BIG Wednesdays and Friday Lights events you can expect:
- • Bhangra & Bollywood Nights
- • Take Time Take-Overs for Bashment, Dancehall & Soca
- • Boozy Bingo
Venue safety policy
Our commitment to you is as follows:
‘Hertfordshire Students’ Union will operate and manage the venue that is safe and secure for students to have a good time’
The measures we have put in place:
- Full risk assessment of all activity and fire evacuation strategy for the venue
- Working with SIA security guards that are trained and experienced in operating student venues. We work closely with our security to ensure they are providing you with effective protection and we will challenge and deal with any behaviours drawn to our attention. We are also minimising the use of any student guards in the venue.
- Full CCTV coverage of the venue is in place on all floors and stairs wells, we will also be deploying some body-worn cameras to assist in our efforts to keep you safe
- We are launching a new training programme for our staff and security – that includes the Ask for Angela scheme and drug awareness to ensure staff and security are fully prepared for their roles
- We provide medical support on nights out by a trained paramedic and on smaller nights by first aid trained staff
- We are limiting the number of guests in the venue to ensure the venue is for students
Our full Venue Safety Policy is below. If you wish to report an incident in the Forum, please either speak to a member of our Management Team on the night or email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Statement - Herts SU takes the safety of our event attendees seriously.
We encourage all students to make use of free lateral flow or PCR testing before attending any event available on campus or by at-home test kits and receive a negative result. More information here.
No student should attend an event at the forum with symptoms of COVID-19 or are in self-isolation.
We encourage all students to consider getting the available Covid-19 vaccines as soon as possible as this may be a requirement by the government by September 2021. If you are already vaccinated we would encourage you to download the NHS app and find your way to vaccine certification so you have it available.
To find out more information please head to the NHS website here.