What is Herts Empowerment and how does it work?
Herts Empowerment is an open, ongoing forum whereby students can leave feedback about any issues that are impacting their time at uni, or let us know of any ideas they might have that would enrich the academic or student experience here at Herts. All students at the University of Hertfordshire are welcome to leave comments on this page about any ideas or issues they would like us to look into. Your Vice President Community will review these on a regular basis and explore each of them in-depth, ensuring your feedback is raised with the relevant parties. Dependent on the nature of your comment, Prosasti will share your feedback or idea with other Elected Officers, colleagues in the Students' Union, staff members at the University and/or local authorities. When progress has been made, our Elected Officers will respond to comments, informing students on what action they have taken to address your feedback or idea.
Please note that, as a Union, there are some things in the University we don’t have control over and can’t necessarily change. We can, however, make sure your voices are heard and lobby the University to address issues that are important to you. We will be able to take forward serious issues to the university's senior leadership team.
Please log in and read the Guidelines at the bottom of the page before posting*
- Comment! Be the one to start the conversation and speak out with your opinion.
- Search for duplicates before posting. Redundant posts add nothing new to previous conversations, but feel free to post something again if you feel that the earlier posting didn't get the attention it deserved and you think you can do better.
- Consider posting constructive criticism on how we can help you.
- Celebrate success and share good practice. Let us know what we are doing great and how that improved your experience!
- Vote! Up-voting or down-voting allows us to see how many students agree with the comment or are having the same issues. We will, however, look in-depth at all comments and how we can help regardless of their number of votes.
- Engage in illegal activity.
- Post someone’s personal information including phone numbers, email addresses, names of students or staff, ID numbers, social media accounts. Such posts or comments will be deleted.
- Repost deleted/removed information. We only delete or remove comments when there has been a breach in rules.
- Be (intentionally) rude or offensive. By choosing not to be rude, you increase the overall civility of the community and make it better for all of us.
- No inappropriate behaviour. This includes, but is not limited to: personal attacks, threats of violence, slurs of any kind, posting people's private information, or swearing, such posts or comments will be removed.
- We also kindly ask to discuss only those issues that are directly related to The University of Hertfordshire / Hertfordshire Students Union.
*Please note: Hertfordshire Students’ Union reserves the right to remove any comments, content or details it finds inappropriate or offensive.