What is HertsEmpowerment and how does it work?
HertsEmpowerment is a forum for students to be able to leave feedback about things impacting them at university. You can leave a comment on this page and we will assign it to one of our Elected Officers who will look at your comment in-depth and decide what actions would be best to take your feedback forwards and help. Our Elected Officers will then leave comments informing students on what action they have taken to address your feedback and concerns. Please note that, as a Union, there are some things in the university we don’t have control over and can’t necessarily change. We can, however, make sure your voices are heard and lobby the university to address issues that are important to you, and take forward serious issues to the university Senior Leadership team.
Please log in and read the Guidelines at the bottom of the page before posting*
- Comment! Be the one to start the conversation and speak out with your opinion.
- Search for duplicates before posting. Redundant posts add nothing new to previous conversations, but feel free to post something again if you feel that the earlier posting didn't get the attention it deserved and you think you can do better.
- Consider posting constructive criticism on how we can help you.
- Celebrate success and share good practice. Let us know what we are doing great and how that improved your experience!
- Vote! Up-voting or down-voting allows us to see how many students agree with the comment or are having the same issues. We will, however, look in-depth at all comments and how we can help regardless of their number of votes.
- Engage in illegal activity.
- Post someone’s personal information including phone numbers, email addresses, names of students or staff, ID numbers, social media accounts. Such posts or comments will be deleted.
- Repost deleted/removed information. We only delete or remove comments when we really need to.
- Be (intentionally) rude or offensive. By choosing not to be rude, you increase the overall civility of the community and make it better for all of us.
- No inappropriate behaviour. This includes, but is not limited to: personal attacks, threats of violence, slurs of any kind, posting people's private information, or swearing, such posts or comments will be removed.
- We also kindly ask to discuss only those issues that are directly related to The University of Hertfordshire / Hertfordshire Students Union.
*Please note: Hertfordshire Students’ Union reserves the right to remove any comments, content or details it finds inappropriate or offensive.