A number of sexual health services are available from the Hertfordshire Students' Union Advice & Support Centre and beyond.
You can access the following from your Students' Union:
- Free condoms and chlamydia/gonorrhea self-testing kits are available from our Welcome Desks. You can help yourselves to these! If you would like to take these more privately you can do so from our Advice & Support Centre on College Lane.
- Free pregnancy testing kits are available upon request from a member of the Advice & Support team. Please ask us if you need one.
You can also access the following sexual health services locally or online:
- Hatfield Sexual Health Clinic (Queensway) is located in Hatfield Town Centre and can be accessed for sexual health testing, all forms of contraception, emergency contraception, pregnancy testing and PEP. Different services are available at different times, so it is worth checking the clinic timetable before attending. You can call Hatfield Sexual Health Clinic via 0300 008 5522.
- Free condoms and self-testing kits (chlamydia, gonorrhea & HIV) are available from Terrence Higgins Trust.
- The emergency contraceptive pill, STI self-testing kits and some sexual health treatments can be ordered online for free from SH24.
- Explore the available contraception options via the interactive SH24 Contraception Comparison Tool online.
- For pregnancy choices support, advice and information you can contact the British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS) helpline (03457 30 40 30) or attend a local clinic.
- Visit your GP for information about long acting reversible contraception (such as the implant or coil).
- Visit your GP or Practice Nurse for core contraceptive services (such as the pill, barrier & injectable method).
- Visit your local pharmacy for emergency hormonal contraception (free for under 25s).
For free, friendly and confidential advice about sexual health matters you can call Sexual Health Hertfordshire
on 0300 008 5522
from 09:00-20:00, Monday to Friday or 09:00-13:00 on Saturday.