Hertfordshire Students' Union is an independent charity. We represent students' academic interests and provide students with lots of opportunities, support and activities to complement their studies including special interest societies, student reps and a world class entertainments venue, known as The Forum Hertfordshire. As a registered charity, every penny that students spend with us on any of our services, including our bars, shops and venues, goes back into providing services for students.
Some of our achievements:
- Securing funding for the Duke of Edinburgh scheme
- We're accredited by the Welwyn Hatfield Landlord Accreditation Scheme, aimed at securing you better living conditions
- We run Freshers' Week events, including Freshers' Fair, which saw 8,000 attendees!
- We campaign on our annual priority issue, securing change on campus, in the local community and in government
- Surveying students to ensure that our services fit students' needs, and take your views to the University on key campus issues
- Successfully applied for funding to run the Student Links Project – giving students the chance to teach local children skills and activities
- Held the first RaG charity pitching event ever, allowing students to vote which charities RaG raises money for Reinvigorated Society Federation, making it easier for societies to share their experiences with one another